As 2009 comes to a close, below is my very incomplete list of top “we fooled you” moments of 2009.
- Cloud Computing trumps everything
- Virtualization renders the OS irrelevant
- Google “does no evil”
- Cisco can’t grow or compete
- Outsourcing isn’t forever
- Chrome is better than Firefox or IE
- Storm / Android beats the iPhone
- Bobby (Foundry) would never sell
- Huawei will falter
- HP can’t catch IBM
- IBM wouldn’t get back into networking equipment
- Sun is dead
- Open Source Software kills ISVs
- Open Source Hardware dominates storage
- Free Software – LOL
- PBT vs. MPLS
- Nortel would be saved
- Web vs. traditional advertising
- Juniper would never enter switching
- Oracle is just a database company
- Apple vs. Microsoft
- Dell doesn’t care about services
- IPOs are dead
- Facebook is a fad
- LTE is years away
- Cisco UCS crushes HP, IBM, Dell, and more.
- Business Intelligence wars would end
- IPv6 – enough said
- All start-ups need traditional VCs
- Internet / IP Security is solid
- Google Apps ends the need for Microsoft Office
- Yahoo is dead
- Linux Desktop vs. Apple and Microsoft
2009 was both an exciting and frustrating year for technology. The battle lines are drawn for 2010 and I’m looking forward to a great and surprising year.
Happy New Year!
One thought on “2009: We Fooled You”
Dear Platen ,
Your blogs are few and far between . Most of them priceless .
I sincerely hope that you write more in 2010 . Let there be wisdom shared on the net . Away from all the noise let there be music from maestro’s
Comments are closed.